Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

No Beach For Innocent RSO

 No beach key for me...or my family.
     So now that the manager of the local beach association has been enlightened as to my situation, I am no longer allowed to have a key to the beach.  That's fine with me because I don't care to swim in the lake, hang out at the vollyball nets, or otherwise set foot in that fenced-in area.  I wasn't notified about this situation with a knock on my door or a phone call; no; I was enlightened by finding a note rubber-banded onto my mailbox.  How's that for a class act?  They didn't even have the guts to tell me personally.  I had a key to this same beach last year with nary a problem with anyone or anything.  I only went so my daughter could swim.  I sat at a picnic table and read my books or wrote.  No big deal.
     After I received the notice, I marched over to the association and asked why I was not approached and spoken to on a personal basis.  Their answer?  "No comment." 
     "What do you mean by no comment?  I'm not a newspaper reporter or a TV interviewer, just a citizen living in the neighborhood."
     "No comment."
     "Okay, fine, but my wife and daughter would like a key."
     "We can't allow that."
     "Why."
     "No comment."
     After this ridiculously one-sided conversation, I mad a trip to my local law enforcement office to ask why my family was not being allowed to have a key.  They told me that the association reserves the right to decide who can and can't go to their beach.  So, the truth being what it is, neither my wife or daughter have any kind of criminal record or history of trouble, yet they cannot go to the beach because of my situation.  That is a clear cut case of discrimination. 

     The ignorant, hit-list registry goes way beyond just the person who's on it, as families are affected by it too.  I'm not surprised by the sudden and unceremonious rejections I get from a variety of things at least once a month.  I've learned to accept it and I try to brush it off.  Nobody knows, or even bothers to ask what the real story is, they simply do not want anything to do with "my kind."
     I would really appreciate it if John Walsh, Mark Lunsford, and some of the other "do-gooders" would take a second or two to have a close look at what their words and mannerisms do to people...innocent people.  Lawmakers, fear-mongers, and the like have no interest in the rights of the "law-abiding" citizens, only in garnering votes from their "scared out of their wits" constituents.  If this is how they want it to be, then fine.  They are supplying me with more writing ammunition.  It is with dogged determination that I will continue to bitch, harp, complain, write, blog, speak, and do whatever else, within the law, I can to make these people think differently.

     I wrote a book called "A Motion for Innocence" which tells of my mis-adventure with the criminal justice system, false allegations, and all the other insanity that goes with it.  When people question me, I point them to that book so they can read for themselves exactly what the situation is.  I have explained myself more than I care to, so this work tells it like it is.

     Why should families and friends have to suffer when they've done nothing wrong?  It's a question I will never stop asking!

    

1 comment:

  1. Yes, J.A., it's an absolute joke. The one good thing is that they are giving me a pile of good research topics that are going into my next book. Everyone will be shocked in 2012 when I finish this one!!

    ReplyDelete