Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Found a Temporary Home

My biggest worry has been that I am going to be forced into homelessness due to Jessica's Law. I was released on parole in October 2010. I had family members in Santa Clara Co. that had invited me to live with them and I had enough of my own money to rent my own apartment. I was told I can not live with my family because they live 2,000 feet from a school. I could not find an apartment because 70%+ of this county is off limits to me. I ended up in the only place  I could find - a cheap hotel. Santa Clara Co. is the most expensive place to live in the entire USA and A "Cheap Hotel" is 300 dollars a week. My savings has dwindled to nothing. Facing homelessness I became depressed. Combined with my Post Truamatic Stress from 17+ years in prison and alcoholism I decided I needed help. No Drug and Alcohol Treatment  Center in Santa Clara Co. will admit RSO's due to Jessica's Law, until I found Communty Solutions http://www.communitysolutions.org/ thru Evans Lane Wellness and Recovery Center in San Jose. I am now enrolled in their program and they are going to help me with my weekly rent. I now have time to find a job and a proper place to live. If I would of been forced to live in my van my only daily concern would of been finding a place to charge up my GPS Tracking Shackle for 3 hours a day. Thanks to Community Solutions I may have a chance at a semi-normal life. Only 45 months to go living the nightmare of a RSO on parole in California. Will be in this hotel room for awhile now.

1 comment:

  1. I just don't know what to say. On one hand, I'm happy that you found help to avoid homelessness. On the other hand, I am LIVID about the severe restrictions that created the situation in the first place!

    Just keep writing. People NEED to know how unreasonable restrictions affect individuals ATTEMPTING to resume a normal life. It's kinda crazy how only RSO's are required to endure lifetime punishment AFTER serving their prison sentence.

    Joe's Editor

    ReplyDelete