Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Motion for Innocence Blog has Moved

   A Motion for Innocence Blog has moved. It's ran by Shaun Webb, a fellow falsely accused man who had his ass kicked by our so-called Justice System and is fighting our corrupt legal system. You can find his blog now at:  http://amotionforinnocence.wordpress.com/ . Keep up the good fight Shaun! Here's a blurb about Shaun's first book. Be sure to visit his Blog.
  
A Motion for Innocence…And Justice for All?
This was my first work.  I wrote it between December 2009 and April 2010.  It was a true story about me and my clash with a crooked and one-sided criminal justice system.  The real story took place in Michigan, but I had to fictionalize names and locations to avoid any litigation being brought forth by people who wanted no part of this book.  I used police reports, court hearings, and witness statements to help compile the work.  Mixed with my real adventure, this book was a chance for me to speak.  I am very proud of this book and it continues to do well a year and a half after its release.  It was originally called A Motion for Innocence, but after hiring a professional editor and repairing the book from stem to stern, And Justice for All? was added to the title.  The original cover was also scraped and replaced with a much more effective photo showing a man looking out of jail bars.  After receiving a letter from a man claiming that the photo was a copyright infringement, I opted to use my very own photo of a man praying so there would be no mistake as to who the cover art belonged to.  The reviews have been outstanding and it seems that the book has definitely hit some very important social issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment