Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The 2 Hour Anywhere Time Limit

Not only am I not allowed to live within 2,000 feet of a school, park, daycare, ect... I am not allowed to go anywhere for more than 2 hours and stay at one location. RSOs on parole in California must always keep on the move. If I stay anywhere in Santa Clara Co. for more than 2 hours I am in violation of Jessica's Law and will be sent immediately back to prison. I have family here! I grew up here! I am outlawed by CA law from staying in any one place for more than 2 hours. It is pure insanity! In Santa Clara Co. over 70% of the area is off limits to RSOs, so basically I am not allowed to stay in any one place for more than 2 hours in this entire county because I (nor anyone else) do not know which area is compliant with Jessica's Law. I even have to leave Church early because a school is close by. I have filed a CDCR 602 form to see if I can be allowed to attend the entire service at our Church. Even my most basic right, Freedom of Religion, is trampled on by Jessica's Law. RSOs on parole in CA are treated worse than Lepers. We have no rights. We are not even allowed to worship our God and attend Church for more than 2 hours. The 2 hour anywhere time limit is one of the worse aspects of the horrid Jessica's Law. I can never relax anywhere. Unless I want to be sent back to prison, I always have to make sure I know exactly how long I spend in any one place. Anymore than 2 hours in any one location and I'll be in San Quentin State Prison by the next morning. Of course at great tax payer expense. One of the biggest rip-offs and waste to CA tax payers is Jessica's Law. How many millions of dollars have been wasted because some RSO, who was forced into homelessness, spent more than 2 hours at any one location. How does the 2 hour limit on RSOs on parole protect anyone? Here's what one RSO said about this insane "law".

Robert, like at least a dozen men CityBeat spoke to, says he’s been told not to remain in any one place for more than two hours unless he gets prior approval from his parole agent.
For Robert, this means parceling out his day in two-hour time slots: two hours at a bookstore, where he can discreetly charge his GPS device—transient registered sex offenders, all of whom wear GPS ankle bracelets, are required to spend two hours each day charging the device—two hours practicing his guitar on a picnic bench, two hours at a movie.
“If you’ve ever seen the movie Groundhog Day, the difference between me and that guy is that I’m on the guitar and he’s on the piano. It’s the same thing; it’s just boring as hell,” he says.

You can read the entire article at: http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/article-8111-the-unintended-consequence.html

No comments:

Post a Comment