Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Contra Costa Co. Joins Others Co.'s Against Jessica's Law

      Contra Costa Co. judge has ruled that the ban on RSO's living 2,000 feet from schools, parks, ect... is probably unconstitutional and has ordered a stay until Higher Courts can totally outlaw this horrendous "law". It means that RSO's on parole in that Co. will no longer be driven from their homes and forced into homelessness. More Co's are sure to follow we can only pray. Read yesterday's entire article in the Contra Costa News at http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_16915132 . I filed my Habeus Corpus against this hate-filled and insane law before I got out of prison in Oct. 2010 in the Santa Clara Co. Superior. My request for a Public Defender was denied, along with my entire Writ. See my earlier blog about this injustice from Dec. 16th 2010. It seems that in Santa Clara Co. that if you're poor and homeless you do not have the Constitutional right to an attorney and access to the courts. I'm trying desperately to do my own legal work, but believe me, It's a tough row to hoe. I have contacted the Santa Clara Co. Public Defenders Office, but have yet to hear back from them. I have faith that the U.S. Supreme Court will outlaw residential restrictions for RSO's on parole, but it could take years. My money is quickly running out paying for this motel I'm in. Forced homelessness may be my only option pretty soon. Living on the streets when I have family members who have invited me to stay with them is really depressing. Where my only concern will be where to find an electrical outlet to charge up my GPS Tracking Shackle. I Am a Man Without a Country. I served in the U.S. Air Force and now I am banished without cause or reason. Hopefully soon, Santa Clara Co. judges will come to their senses and I will not be forced to become homeless. Homelessness or prison? Not much of a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment