Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How to Survive in Prison as an Innocent SO

     In 1988, I was arrested for possession of a illegal weapon (sawed-off shotgun). I was living in a cabin with my then girlfriend in the Alaska bush and needed a weapon to defend against bear and moose. It was my first felony. I had never been to prison before and did not realize that SO's are assaulted, beaten, and even killed by other prisoners. I found out quick after I found out that I was wanted in Oregon for First Degree Rape and the other prisoners turned on me. It did not matter that I was completely innocent. To make a long, long story short - I have ended up spending 17+ years in state prisons for a crime I would NEVER commit and for refusing  to "register" as something I am NOT. I guess I could be considered an expert on how to survive the absolute nightmare of prison as an innocent SO. Instead of going into Protective Custody (PC) I walked the mainline, bettered myself though higher education, became a bodybuilder, was a wanna-be jailhouse lawyer, became an outspoken activist for other innocent men in prison, founded the Society Against False Accusations of Rape (SAFAR), and fought " the system" every step of the way that so easily destroyed my life and harmed my family. I've been in dozens of prison riots and fought other inmates. Prison is hell, but especially for SO's. In 1995 I wrote an extensive article entitled  "How to Survive Prison as an Innocent Man Convicted of a Sex Crime" you can access at http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume9/j9_3_6.htm . Its a must read for other innocent men in prison and their family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment