Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Homelessness and CA's Jessica's Law

     I have been living in a hotel that I can not afford due to Jessica's Law residential restrictions on where RSO's on parole can live. Over 70% of Santa Clara Co. is off limits to me! Where the hell am I supposed to live? I went underground in 2006 when CA voters passed the unconstitutional Jessica's Law. I lived as a fugitive for almost 2 years. Was sent back to prison for over 2 years in 2008 at a cost of over $100,000 to CA tax payers for violating the new Jessica's Law. Now I'm out of prison and the full extent of Jessica's Law has hit me. I am only allowed to live in less than 30% of the county. Tell a landlord you're an ex-con and it's going to be hard to rent a place. Tell you're a RSO and you'll get the door slammed in your face. I  have less than 30% of the county to work with. I want to move to a cheaper hotel or some fleabag rooming house.  Can not afford this hotel much longer. Soon I will only have 3 options - homelessness, prison, or going on the run again. Prison is hell and I've promised myself to NEVER return. I've spent over 17 years in prison now. Going on the run is out. I escaped from prison in 1990 and jumped parole  1/2 dozen times to avoid Jessica's Law. I've probably spent 5 years of my life living underground.  Promised myself NEVER to run again. Living on the streets for the next 4 years may be my fate. Not much of a future. See a video called "CA Jessica's Law Dilemma" on YouTube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybieTfdOBDs to better understand how Jessica's Law is forcing thousands of RSO's on parole to become homeless. Time to do my nightly recharging of my GPS Shackle. I have to charge It up for an hour twice a day because if It goes out - I go back to prison. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment