Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Curfew

    I was falsely accused in1985, wrongly convicted in 1989, and finally released in 1998. I have been a registered sex offender (RSO) since that time. I have been sent back to prison for refusing to register as a RSO several times and for drinking alcohol. I an alcoholic in recovery now. I've had a dozen different parole officers throughout the years and NEVER have had a curfew. I now have one. Keep in mind that besides the false accusation that sent me to prison in the first place I've NEVER been accused of any sexual impropriety before or since. With the Sex Crime Witch Hunt going full steam and the general public thinking now that sex offenders are everywhere because of media sensationalism - I now have a curfew. From 10:00 pm to 6:00 am I am a prisoner in this hotel room. My movements are tracked every 2 feet with this GPS Shackle I have locked onto my ankle. If I dare step out my door, during my curfew the GPS Shackle will alert the local police and my Parole Officer. I would be immediately arrested and sent back to prison. Tonight was my niece's birthday. I had to leave at 9:00pm to give myself time to make it back home. I can not even attend AA meetings at night because I fear my curfew. A flat tire could send me back to prison for up to a year, so I don't risk it. I'm not behind bars anymore, but I am a prisoner in this hotel room for 1/3 of my life. I have already missed my curfew once and had my parole violated. One year was added to my parole for this curfew violation. I now have 4 years of this Jessica's Law Nightmare to endure. What is the reasoning behind this curfew seeing how my every movement is tracked by GPS? There is no reason. It's just another part of the insanity of CA's Jessica's Law. For my parole I will be a virtual prisoner in my home for a total 1 1/3 years. Why? On Halloween my curfew was modified to 5:00 pm to 6:00am. See this video by about the Halloween curfew http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/sex-offender-halloween-curfew/6yjk9eh .

No comments:

Post a Comment