Total Pageviews

Friday, December 31, 2010

Still Looking for a Home

      I was at the Valley Homeless Clinic the other day for some health issues when all of a sudden this guy whips out a GPS Tracking Shackle recharging cord, hooks it up to his ankle monitor, and starts charging It up right there. I couldn't believe it. The other homeless people there didn't even bat an eye. Santa Clara County is notorious for the highest rents in the country and has a large homeless population. The homeless community here is so used to homeless RSO's on parole, who were forced into homelessness, that they don't even care that a RSO is in their presence. Seeing homeless RSO's charging up their GPS Tracking Shackles is a common sight these days in the homeless community. I spoke with Libby E., a social worker at VHC and she told me that she thinks OVER 70% of Santa Clara Co. is off limits to RSO's on parole. I'm technical homeless. Sure I have a hotel room now, but it's not going to last. I recently bought a rundown van to sleep in when my little bit of money runs out. I have family here that have invited me to live at their houses, but I can't due to The Jessica's Law Nightmare for RSO's on parole. Driven to homelessness without cause or due process. Homeless shelters here don't even allow RSO's to stay there, no matter how cold outside. Everyday I go thru the newspaper and Craigslist on the internet looking for a cheap room to rent. When I find one I have to look up the address on a map to see if It's not 2,000 feet from a school, park, ect... It usually is. I'm barred from living anywhere that is 2,000 feet from restricted areas. Over 70% of the county! What the hell happened to The Land of the Free? The hysteria over RSO's, that is happily driven by the medias, is going to force me to sleep in my van. Still looking for some kind of help to find a place to live, but everyone hates RSO's, so there is no help out there. People who do not even know me or about the false accusation in 1985 think I deserve life in prison, death, or homelessness. See this acticle from SF Weekly about forced homelessness of RSO's on parole http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/11/homeless_sex_offenders.php and here an article by USA Today about this growing problem http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-11-18-homeless-offenders_N.htm .

No comments:

Post a Comment